Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Semi-Homemade Vanilla Chai Waffles



Semi-Homemade Vanilla Chai Waffles

These waffles are semi-homemade because they were created using ingredients that are ready-made and widely available which makes this recipe super quick and easy on a lazy Sunday morning…

On occasion, I will create my own gluten free batters for pancakes and waffles and such, but I found Wild Roots Foods Pancake & Waffle mix at my local Costco and needed to give it a try.

Their basic waffle recipe was impressive and their mix inspired me to create new waffle flavors. Creating different exciting waffles has become my Sunday ritual, what do I have in the fridge to create an awesomely original waffle??

This week it was Vanilla Chai Waffles…Extra syrup very optional…

Ingredients:

1 Large Egg
2 tbsp. Vegetable Oil, I use melted organic coconut oil
1/3 cup Chai Latte Concentrate
¼ cup Maple Syrup
1 ½ tsps. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1 cup Waffle Mix

Equipment:

Waffle Iron
Large Bowl
Whisk
Measuring Spoons
Measuring Cups

Directions:

Preheat your waffle iron

Whisk egg, vegetable oil, chai latte concentrate, maple syrup, cinnamon, and extract together in a large bowl.

Add waffle mix to your egg/chai mixture and whisk to combine.

Spray your waffle iron with non-stick spray and scoop about 2/3 cup of waffle batter onto the lower plate of your preheated iron, depending on the size of your waffle iron (of course!)

My waffle iron’s light turns off when it thinks that the waffle is done, so my waffles took approximately five minutes each. Yours may take less time or more, just keep an eye on ‘em.

I garnished my waffles with sliced strawberries and served them with a side of crispy bacon. You could dust your waffles with powdered sugar or to be extra indulgent, you could add more syrup! These would even be great as a dessert waffle with a giant scoop of your preferred frozen concoction.

Thank you, Wild Roots Foods!

Written By: Jenna Throne

No comments:

Post a Comment